EGN Invites you to join EGN Cross Functional Virtual Event: The Business Opportunities of the Singapore Green Plan by Joachim Jake Layes.
Date/Time: Wednesday, June 23, 2021. 8am networking. 8.30am – 10am interactive workshop.
The Business Opportunities of the Singapore Green Plan
What does the Singapore Green Plan 2030 mean for businesses? What are the opportunities does sustainability brings for companies?
The Singapore Government released on February 10th, 2021, a five-ministry-supported Green Plan 2030 for Singapore, strengthening Singapore’s commitment to the Paris Climate Agreement and the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The plan lists targets for five key pillars – one of which is the Green Economy which aims to bring business opportunities for Singapore companies, making sustainability a real competitive advantage for businesses.
The plan highlights specific focus areas, from clean energy to waste management, packaging, farming, and water treatment, and points to energy efficiency and decarbonization measures for the entire private sector. Companies now need to figure out the best steps to align their business with the Green Plan’s targets to develop positive, strong outcomes.
This presentation will…
- Summarize the Singapore Green Plan 2030,
- Highlight the apparent and implied business opportunities, and
- Provide a list of steps to get started to harness the opportunities aligned with the Singapore Green Plan’s targets.
- Sustainability is more than risk mitigation or must-have regulatory activities: working to establish the low- /net-zero carbon economy is globally a once-in-a-lifetime trillion-dollar opportunity
- Inaction now means to be disrupted out of business; the Singapore Green Plan 2030 sets a signal for companies to set out a path to sustainability leadership.
- Start small but with a 2030 target in mind; three steps to start are: scan for sustainability opportunities & risks; set 2030 targets & metrics; plan & get started on an action plan.
About the speaker:
Joachim Jake Layes Managing Director of JLayes Consulting Ltd. Pte.
Joachim ‘Jake’ Layes is Managing Director of JLayes Consulting Pte Ltd, a strategy and management consulting firm, helping companies to make sustainability a core strategic driver for real business value, new marketing development, and innovation.
After 20+ years in design, marketing, and business development and close to 10 years in corporate sustainability, Jake understands how companies can realize business opportunities combined with driving positive impact.
Jake has been leading cross-disciplinary teams, developing and executing growth strategies, working with Fortune 500 multinational companies across different industries and geographies. For Autodesk, he had led a global entrepreneur support program to reach thousands of environmental tech startups in Asia Pacific, Europe, North and South America, and Africa.
Through his work, Jake had the opportunity to speak at various conferences, such as the Sustainable Innovation Forum during the climate conferences COP21 and COP23; he contributes regularly articles on sustainability, the climate change crisis, social /environmental impact, clean technologies, and innovation.
Born in Germany, Jake has been working and living in Asia Pacific for over 24 years. He is a media-trained public speaker, an angel investor, and startup mentor.
8:00 am: Networking/ Registration
8:30 am: Webinar start. EGN introductions and speaker introduction 08.35 AM:
8:35 am: The Business Opportunities of the Singapore Green Plan by Joachim Jake Layes
9:35 am: Q & A and key takeaways
10:00 am: Meeting end