Cultivate a network that is built on mutual professional aspirations and personal ventures with other business owners.
Peer group details
Confidential peer group with 30-35 members
6 meetings per year
Multidisciplinary events and networking seminars
Access to a virtual global network with more than 15,000 members in 15 countries
This confidential peer group brings together Communications leaders across different industries to form a collective network, to discuss and define best practices towards both daily challenges as well as strategic directions.
Communications leaders have an incredibly difficult challenge in meeting their organizations’ needs in the digital age. Our members come from large global MNCs as well as from home grown Asia focused medium-sized companies. We encourage diversity and so you will find members coming from a wide range of industries including financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, FMCG, technology and professional services, just to name a few.
As there is no standard roadmap for excellence in Communications, this is a purpose-built peer group that brings together the right people who can support each other to discover excellence together.
Some of the organizations represented by current members in EGN Singapore include the High Commission of Canada, British American Tobacco, KBZ Bank and Zendesk just to name a few.
To give you a feel of EGN, listen to how our members have benefited from their membership:
- Rena (Tan) Ling, Regional Head of Marketing and Comms at Randstad
- Aline Anliker, Head of Corporate Communications APAC at Evident Scientific
- Carl Geraghty, Co-Founder/CEO at TAGR
The chair of the group is Chris Howells. Chris is a Senior Vice President, Strategy & Communications Advisory, at Teneo. Based in Singapore, Chris brings with him seventeen years of experience across business journalism and communications roles, most recently as Director of Strategic Communications at INSEAD business school. While at INSEAD he led a global team spanning the institutional communications, internal communications, social media, media relations and research communications functions.
Originally from the UK he’s spent most of his life in Asia. Before INSEAD, he worked for CNBC Asia and local media in Singapore as well as Fleishman Hillard supporting blue chip corporate clients.
Chris helps organisations define and project their values and identity amidst increasingly complex demands facing CEOs. Chris has worked across communications issues and challenges in sustainability, society and corporate positioning.
He’s also currently learning to become a professional coach with the Collective Change Institute in Singapore to help other professionals reach their fullest potential.
The current key topics are being explored during our meetings:
- Positioning your organization amid rising global complexity
- Building a flexible communications department to meet wide organizational demands
- Making your organization stand out in a crowded field
- Building influential and lasting media relationships
- Internal Communication in the hybrid organization
- Communicating a mission and vision that people believe in
- Communications in crisis
- Content management (marriage between content and marketing)
- Role of communication (internal and external) in change
- Internal branding (employee branding / journey)
We regularly seek our members’ input to adapt these topics as situations change.
Our networks operate within the following frameworks:
- You can participate in six peer group meetings each year for a half day at a central Singapore location with dates set a year in advance.
- You’ll enjoy access to 52 Members Only virtual Cross-Functional events per year including focus groups on digital transformation, innovation, human capital, future of works, developing markets, personal development, and networking evenings.
- You also get access to 12 in-person Cross-Functional events and 4 Economic Forecasts and 4 speaker panels.
- You’ll also get access to our online tools via the EGN Members Universe Mobile App, where you can post queries and connect with more all global members.
- Knowledge sharing in the group is in the strictest confidentiality.
- EGN will provide an experienced, certified facilitator to run all aspects of the group and meetings.
- The group has its own website with contact data, calendar, documents, and presentations.
Executives’ Global Network is one of the largest global professional networking companies with 15,000 Directors and Executives from over 7,000 companies in more than 780 confidential network groups. Since 1992, we have facilitated knowledge sharing and forging business relationships.
Membership Fee is SGD 2990 per year. For more information, visit our Membership Page.
Frequently asked questions
How much does a membership cost?
An EGN membership varies in price, depending on your locality, seniority and the specific benefits applied to the EGN Group.
Our Network Advisors can help you find the right group based on your managerial level and professional needs.
Enter your contact info here and one of our Network Advisors will get back to you.
How does the peer group network work
With the support of a professional network, you get the opportunity to exchange experience on a high professional level, strengthen and develop your own skills within management and specialised areas.
As a member of EGN, you get direct access to Top Executives, Business Leaders and Specialists in most parts of the world via our online Members’ Universe where you can ask questions, join debates and network with more than 14,000 other members.
Your personal EGN group represents a confidential forum where all ideas and challenges can be discussed with peers at your own, professional level. To ensure confidentiality, no competitors or significant customer relationships are allowed in the same group.
All our peer groups are managed by a professional and experienced EGN Chair, who facilitates and mentors the peer groups, ensures output both at and between meetings and focuses on your professional and managerial development.
We also offer events and seminars, networking tours, an Between Jobs Scheme, mentoring programmes, CEO coaching and much more.
How do I become a member
You can apply for membership by filling out this form
When we have received your application, you will be contacted by a Network Advisor for a more in-depth interview to find the right peer group for your managerial level and/or professional need.
All candidates must be approved by both the Chair and specific peer group members before joining a group. This is done both to match relevant peers and also to avoid private friends, customer relationships and competitors being placed together in the same network group and to help facilitate honest and fruitful discussions.